October 24, 2007

de.licio.us

I think the idea of del.icio.us is intriguing. I like to have the ability to access my bookmark list from any computer, and I like to be able to share my bookmarks if I want to do so. It can be very time-saving to have someone you trust or someone with shared interests pass along the sites they recommend to you.

I think social bookmarking tools can be a great way for a community to share web resources. I've used them for classes and for projects myself.

I also like the ability to subscribe using RSS. What a great way to keep updated!

While del.icio.us does have a lot to offer, I think it's interface is a little too text-heavy to be visually appealing. And I find that whenever I introduce people to del.icio.us, they're a little confused by the whole thing. It's powerful, but it's kind of hard to figure out. In part, I think this is because it just offers this white page filled with lists. Yuck. Another social bookmarking site, ma.gnolia, offers more visual appeal.

Check out the Library 2.0 examples we created in ma.gnolia:
technologypettingzoo's bookmarks

No comments: