I read an article a few years ago about YouTube, and thought it was such an intriguing idea. I immediately started looking of videos of some of my favorite artists perofrming live, and was richly rewarded with some wonderful findings.. I think it's a really easy tool to use, whether you just want to watch videos or you'd like to create and upload your own videos. I know a number of libraries have made their own videos to promote library services and have uploaded them to YouTube (see the "Video" section of the Library 2.0 wiki page for examples)
I like that people can make their own videos, people can tag videos to find them, and people can comment and have a conversation with each other on YouTube.
I also LOVE that youTube gives you the embed code so you can copy and paste it into other webpages (like your blog or wiki!).
Some of my favorite YouTube videos are those created by Lee LeFever
for the Common Craft Show. He and Satchi Lefever do a series called "In Plain English" where they explain technology concepts clearly, simply, and quickly, using just pen and paper. These include Social Networking in Plain English, RSS in Plain English, and so forth.
My absolute favorite one, though, was Zombies in Plain English, a very detailed and useful guide!
Watch it here:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment