December 12, 2007

podcasts

It was fun exploring Podcast Alley. I liked that I could vote for my favorite podcasts to increase their visibility. I voted for two podcasts that I listen to regularly:
  • Vegetarian Food for Thought- from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, an articulate and compassionate voice for animals. Podcast Alley description: "As a vegetarian and cooking instructor, I encounter every question under the sun about this lifestyle - sometimes about nutrition, sometimes animal rights, and often about food. Sometimes the questions are smart and sincere, sometimes not so much, but I appreciate every question because it allows for a dialogue that might otherwise never occur. This podcast is meant to debunk the myths about vegetarianism and veganism and empower people to make informed, compassionate food choices."
  • Vegan Freak radio- from Bob and Jenna Torres, a funny, fiercely intelligent, and provocative perspective on veganism with cultural analysis. Podcast Alley description: "The Vegan Freaks come at you with advice on going vegan, being vegan, and staying vegan, as well as thoughts on animal liberation and getting along with the rest of the world."
Then I started searching and browsing a bit to find other podcasts I might want to subscribe to. I did a search for "Santa Cruz," because I hoped to find something local that was new to me. I turned up The Sound of Young America:
"The Sound of Young America is a weekly arts, entertainment and comedy radio show based in Santa Cruz, California. In-depth interviews with folks like Chuck D, Art Spiegelman, David Cross, Mr. Wizard, John Waters, and many more anchor the show. It ain't multi-award-winning for nuthin'."
I subscribed to the RSS feed with Bloglines, and I also subscribed to the podcast in iTunes. It was a very easy process.

Next step for me is learning to work with Audacity and Feedburner so I can try my hand at creating my own podcasts. I think it can be a great way to update people about upcoming library events.

No comments: