I'm so glad the 23 Things Program starts out with a foundation in lifelong learning. I think that's such an important basis for dealing with emerging technologies. When I think about people I've admired, too, it's always been because of their "lifelong learning" mindset of open-mindedness and curiosity about the world.
I particularly liked the aspect of lifelong learning that involves teaching and mentoring others. I think that's what I find so exciting about library work, and why I've chosen the library world for my career.
The hardest part of lifelong learning is always the time factor. I get so excited about learning so many things that it can be hard for me to prioritize, to choose a few, and to set realistic goals and means by which I will achieve those golas. So I think the 23 Things program will be an excellent opportunity to work on exactly that aspect of lifelong learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Jessica, I like your blog, the music connection is cool, I too am a Cowboy Junkies fan. I agree with you about lifelong learners but my problem with technology is that it is soooo time consuming that it doesn't leave time for reading. I'd rather read a book than sit in front of a computer. I frequently read while I'm waiting for something to load.
Karen
Post a Comment